Consistent coverage and fill-in Optometrist opportunities available throughout Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia. We are a privately held optometry group that operates within select Eyeglass World and Walmart Vision Center locations. In addition to competitive compensation, we provide our Optometrists with Optometric Technician support and fully equipped examination lanes including retinal cameras and EHR system. With full administrative support from our dedicated corporate office team, including all billing, credentialing and insurance obligations, our Optometrists can focus 100% on patient care.
Please contact email@example.com for more information about career opportunities.
The following positions are available:
If you don’t see your preferred area, city, or state listed, please reach out to us with your details, we are more than happy to discuss your needs on an individual basis.
Corporate Openings - Tampa, FL
Company: Global Care Optometry
Position: Insurance Verification Specialist
Job Status: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Locations: Tampa, Florida
Our busy optometry group is seeking a full-time insurance verification specialist. We desire an individual who is hard-working, works well under pressure, excels at multi-tasking and customer service, and has extreme attention to detail.
The ideal candidate has a current working knowledge of Ophthalmology/optical CPT and ICD-10 coding . Experience in using Compulink Advantage EHR would be a plus.
This job requires a highly reliable person who is capable of efficient, independent work. Based out of our corporate office in Tampa, FL, this full-time position is generally 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday with occasional Saturday work.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Supporting patients with their billing statements.
- Verifying Benefits.
- Data Entry.
- Patient Phone Interaction.
- Electronic filing of Medical and vision claims.
- Correcting claim file errors.
- Posting of scanned manual payments.
- Posting of Explanation of Benefits (EOB), Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA).
- Perform inquiries to payers on outstanding receivables.
- Timely follow-up activities conducted on assigned accounts to reduce outstanding receivables.
- Recommend receivables for refund and adjustment or write off.
- Appeal Payer Claim denials and submit appeals as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities to research and determine appropriate actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to think quickly, assess a situation and make a sound decision.
- Strong interpersonal skills varying with technical and communication skills that promote strong working relationships (internally and externally).
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated accompanied by ability to multi-task and establish effective priorities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups, both professional and non-professional, co-workers, management personnel, the public and others.
- Listens well and retains instructions; accepts constructive feedback from supervisor.
- Displays a consistent attendance track record and prompt arrival to work and meetings.
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, health information technology or comparable experience is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in billing and coding, including ICD-9 and ICD-10. Optometry/ophthalmology billing and coding is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of medical billing and coding practices. Comprehensive working knowledge of all healthcare insurance payers. Familiar with medical terminology.
- Must be Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with Emdeon Vision would be a benefit.
- Must be able to communicate both written and verbally in English. Spanish as a second language would be a plus.
- Eligible to work in US.
Global Care Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Global Care Optometry does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Practice Location Openings - locations throughout Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia
Company: Global Care Optometry
Position: Licensed Optometrist
Job Status: Contract Position
Ocala, FL – Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Ft. Myers FL – Licensed Optometrist (2-days consistent coverage)
Merritt Island, FL – Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Ft. Walton Beach, FL – Licensed Optometrist (Consistent Monday and Tuesday coverage)
Tampa, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Columbus, GA – Licensed Optometrist (Consistent Saturday coverage)
Rockford, IL – Licensed Optometrist (2 to 5-days consistent coverage)
Hixson, TN - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Toledo, OH - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Des Moines, IA - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Venice, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Estero, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
St. Petersburgh, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Lake Mary, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Eustis, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Riverview, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Wesley Chape, FL - Licensed Optometrist (5-days consistent coverage)
Savannah, GA – (Consistent Sunday and Monday coverage)
Experienced Optometrists and New Graduates welcome!
Global Care Optometry is seeking a Licensed Optometrist for our [CITY, State] practice. We are an independent family-oriented Optometry group offering vision care inside some of the largest optical retailers in the U.S. We are looking to contract with an Optometrist who seeks to provide exceptional care to their patients, while operating in a fun, friendly environment. We look to create happy, satisfied patients for life, and we value the trust our patients put in us with their vision care needs.
Optometrist responsibilities include analyzing outcomes of initial screening examinations, diagnosing vision and ocular health problems, and prescribing corrective lenses and eyeglasses. Ultimately, you will ensure the accurate diagnosis and treatment of vision deficiencies, eye diseases and injuries. We also co-manage with local Ophthalmology groups and Ophthalmologists to ensure we provide for all our patient’s needs.
To be successful in this role, you should have attention to detail, efficiency, and the ability to be informative, kind, and compassionate with all patients, from young children to the elderly.
All credentialing and billing for vision and medical insurance will be handled for you by our corporate office team. Training will be given on our EMR system if needed. Support staff will be provided for you and trained by our Operations team to handle all patient check-in/out, insurance verification, insertion and removal training and entrance examination. All of the equipment essential to providing a comprehensive examination is provided for you.
Note that to be considered for this position, you must be a Licensed Optometrist in the required State, or in the process of acquiring your Optometrist License in the required State.
- Perform comprehensive eye health and vision examinations.
- Diagnose defects of the eye, such as myopia, astigmatism, and glaucoma.
- Provide personalized temporary and permanent solutions to vision issues based on each patient’s specific case and medical history.
- Prescribe medications, eyeglasses, and contact lenses.
- Advise patients on proper eye care techniques.
- Keep updated and accurate medical records for all patients.
- Advise/train patients on how to use and maintain their contact lenses.
- Co-management of patients with local Ophthalmologists.
- Follow all Global Care Optometry policies and procedures regarding compliance with State and Federal laws, including but not limited to privacy laws regarding HIPAA, and Medicare compliance.
- In-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects.
- The ability to explain medical terms simply and clearly.
- Attention to detail.
- Compassion and an excellent chair-side manner.
- Degree in Optometry from a recognized accredited U.S. school of Optometry.
- Relevant State license for area of work assignment.
- Must be in good standing with relevant State Board of Optometry.
- Must not be excluded from participating in any vision, medical or Medicare plans.
- Extremely competitive daily pay rates.
- All instrumentation and equipment provided, including retinal camera (all locations) and visual field analyzer (select locations).
- Optometric Technicians provided.
- Full training is given on Compulink EMR system.
- The dedicated support team at our Corporate Office handles all billing, credentialing, I.T., remote, and on-site training and operations support. All you need to do is provide exceptional patient care!
Global Care Optometry is a smoke and drug-free workplace. Global Care Optometry does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All candidate decisions regarding our contractors are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.